Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Beginning of an Adventure

Tuesday and Wednesday (Jan 4-5)

¡Hola! ¿Què tal? (Hello! How's it going?)

My travels have brought me to another country. This time I returned to Tucumàn in northern Argentina. I am here for 2 months to learn as much Spanish as possible. It is summer here now and the students are on vacation so I won't have any opportunities to work in the schools, but I may help with some summer programs. The rest of the time I will be studying many hours with a tutor named Paulina.

When I came here before in 2006, I was an intern with my friend Kim for some missionaries. We mainly followed them around and lived their daily lives. This time I have a few more ideas of what I'd like to do. This is my list:

  1. understand a church sermon
  2. learn 2 songs in Spanish
  3. learn how to cook 2 meals
  4. talk to someone on the airplane
  5. see a llama and a condor
  6. walk a lot
  7. learn some slang
  8. see a fùtbol (soccer) game
  9. visit the Luna family (that I stayed with before), people from the church, and maybe Juan in Santiago (twin of a friend from college)
  10. see my cousin Andria in Pategonia
  11. ride a horse in Pategonia
  12. visit a discoteca (dance club)
  13. hang glide
  14. have nothing stollen
  15. learn and remember when to use the past tenses preterite and imperfec

No comments:

Post a Comment