Tuesday, February 22, 2011

How to cram everything into one week

Tuesday, February 22

With only one week left in Tucumàn, I had to cram in as much as possible. I was very sucessful in completing many things I wanted to. Now it’s time for me to say “until next time” to many wonderful people here in Tucumàn. I am having a get together tonight downtown for whoever can come because I want to see everyone one more time. Tomorrow morning I fly to Buenos Aires and then to El Calafate in the deep south of Argentina.

I finally have Plan A for Pategonia! My cousin Andria, who is living down there, sent me a great itinerary for the week I have there. It includes seeing El Calafate, going to Puerto Natales, bus tour of the national park, night with Andria, horseride with her, going to Punta Arenas to see penguins, and back to El Calafate on March 3rd. Let’s just pray the weather allows me to do everything. Rain and wind can come in strong any time and drastically change the weather.

My last week has been very full. Included here (top to bottom) are photos of: 1) game day with Jake and Laura (game was like tetris, notice the “loser” pieces),






















2)drinking mate at the horse club with Jimena and her parents, 3) riding Little Star (Estrellita), a horse that belongs to Jimena’s family,
4) me being a "gauchita" (little female Gaucho),






































5) shopping with Jimena at the feria (mega garage sale that is always there, bought warmer clothes for Pategonia),
6) trying on the fashionable clothes,


7) enjoying my first professional fùtbol game with Ivana’s brother Alvaro (Atletico is one team from Tucumàn, they tied 1-1 with the team from Corrientes, near Buenos Aires) (also enjoyed my first ride EVER on a moto/motorcycle on the way to the game),











8) watching the game as I jumped and screamed (next time I need to learn the cheer songs they sing),









9) visiting Parque 9 de Julio (their independence day) with Liliana, Ivana’s mom,










10-12) touring the sugar industry museum



































and 13) touring Señor Noguès’s house on the main plaza (rich French man who lived on the main square and also had a large book collection.








In the end I couldn't go parasailing this week because the clouds are very low. The contact here will send me info on places in Patagonia that I can try.

Well, I'm off to pack everything and get ready for my goodbye party. See you in Chile!

No comments:

Post a Comment