Friday, February 18, 2011

Update on Goals

I figured I should take a look at my goals again to see what I have left to accomplish. I am quite impressed with myself with how many I have finished or am close to finishing. So, here goes the update:

  1. understand a church sermon (DONE, actually more than one, especially lately)
  2. learn 2 songs in Spanish (mostly done, many songs at church I know in English making it easier to sing them)
  3. learn how to cook 2 meals (DONE, I made humita this week. yum!)
  4. talk to someone on the airplane (DONE, as mentioned before)
  5. see a llama and a condor (HALF DONE, need to find a condor in Patagonia)
  6. walk a lot (DEFINITELY DONE, I walked so much with Laura downtown that my muscles were still sore 3 days later)
  7. learn some slang (some, hope to learn more in Patagonia)
  8. see a fùtbol (soccer) game (SUNDAY will be DONE)
  9. visit the Luna family (that I stayed with before), people from the church, and maybe Juan in Santiago (twin of a friend from college) (DONE and I'm not going to Santiago)
  10. see my cousin Andria in Patagonia (SOON DONE)
  11. ride a horse in Patagonia (not yet know)
  12. visit a discoteca (dance club) (DONE!)
  13. hang glide (hopefully this weekend)
  14. have nothing stolen (DONE so far, knock on wood)
  15. learn and remember when to use the past tenses preterit and imperfect (DONE)
Others I would have written if I had known ahead of time:
read a whole book in Spanish (almost DONE, 3:16 by Max Lucado)
play Scrabble in Spanish (DONE, 3 times in fact)

Hopefully there is enough time in the next 2 weeks to complete the rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment